Friday, May 23, 2008

(5/18/08) Dad Gone and Working

Today was a day of turning sadness into hard work. When I woke up, Mom had already left to take Dad to the airport. I was very sad and moped around the RV for a while. Although I had tried thinking about the bad things that happened (see 5/17/08 for example) I had been really upset. While Mom was gone, I went to a website that enabled me to study for the (written) exam for my learners permit. I worked hard all of today, and will keep working hard until I get my permit.

Xaven

P.S. For the next few days I will be focusing just on working for my learner's permit and will not be blogging until something important happens

1 comment:

Mel said...

Dave - I know the feeling -- it is really hard to get up and head for the airport, knowing that I won't get to be with you, and the rest of the family, for another 2, 3, or even more weeks at a time. But, we can talk by IM, and video, and if you get yourself an IM account (ask Sarah to help, if you'd like), we could chat for free, on-line.

I really enjoyed our time in Nebraska and the Dakotas... looks like the next time I SEE you will be in Chicago in late June. Keep up the great blogging - it really helps me to read what's going on, day to day, and pretend I am there, at least vicariously, with you!