Saturday, May 17, 2008

(5/17/08) Dad (and Driving) Trouble

Today was special because it is the last full day that Dad will be here. First Dad and I started off with trying to set up an antenna that would enable the RV's internet to become much faster, but we didn't have the right bolts. While out, Dad guilt tripped me into driving on a deserted road. IT WAS TERRIFYING!!! We had to go down everything that a driver should avoid, and then some. It was exhausting. After we got back, we ate dinner, and while Mom and Dad checked out a light show on Mount Rushmore, Sarah and I relaxed for the rest of the night.

Xaven

3 comments:

Mel said...

OK... so did I really 'guilt trip' you..or just give you an opportunity to drive the car on a nice, hilly, curvy, steep (up and down) oh-my-god-I-must-have-been-nuts (to quote Mom) road near Hart Ranch? Yeah, I know...we were supposed to be on dirt roads, but they were all private! You did a great job driving. And it was fun teaching and riding along with you.

Xaven said...

WE ARE NOT DOING IT AGAIN!!!!

Mel said...

Hey...if you want to Drive, you have to learn...and that means driving behind the wheel of a car...not a video game!!! And anyway, you did very well... it was not an easy road and I didn't know you only drove straight before that...no wonder your hands were sore afterwards... Death-grips on steering wheels are hard to manage!!