Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Walk and Apollo

I just got a comment that said that my title should describe the day, but this is describing the afternoon. Still, I think it is good because it is mystifying and a little hard to understand so you are curious about it and want to investigate. Still, I'm not trying to understand the human psych (that is Sarah), so let's get started on the day.
After the usual grumbling and stuff of getting up (I've been thinking and I thought that maybe I should start saying what Mom had cooked for us so here it is: today was a sausage that was flavored I think with a type of apple, some potato, and some blood oranges) we went over to a World War II aircraft carrier called the USS Lexington. Once we got on we split up into a guys and a girls teams for lack of better terms, and split up. Dad and I went onto the bridge and he taught me a ton about the airplanes and helicopters that were on. After some more exploring on our own, we watched a movie on how jet pilots were trained, then went into town.
This is where the "walk" got into the title. On the way through town instead of just driving through, Mom dropped Dad and I off, then drove herself and Sarah home. Dad and I spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the town on foot, ate at a (is it me or does the last three words looked like the first word deteriorating?) very nice cafe restaurant (this was less of a lunch, and more of a dinner, so Dad and I didn't eat dinner when we got back). After that we headed back to the RV park. Since the park was nearby the gulf, we had to fight the wind all the way back.
Finally, the "Apollo" part (before this however, I had looked at my voicemail finally, and called back my Uncle Robert. It was great to talk to him, but I was a little rude so Uncle Robert, if your are reading this, Sorry!). While we were on the way back Mom had gotten the Apollo 13 movie. It is a very good movie, and it is also very educational, so I highly recomend it. After that, I walked the dog and then typed this post. Now I have got to go set up my bed. Chow!


Xaven

P.S. Tommorow's a travel day so you might enjoy this next part of the blog.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I agree -- the Apollo 13 movie was great -- and very educational. I can't wait to go to the NASA Space Center tomorrow.

We've been having so much fun with Dad, he keeps us on the go, but it so much fun!!! He knows lots of fun facts about airplanes and Essex-class aircraft carriers. He had the best day touring the different levels of the carrier with you. Thanks for making his week here with our family extra fun!

Robo said...

Hi Dave! I just read through your entire blog and got caught up. Leaving a link for everyone from your mom's not-so-up-to-date blog was a great idea.

Anyway, I'm commenting here because of a very cool observation you made: ate at a (is it me or does the last three words looked like the first word deteriorating?)

Very cool. That demonstrates that you have an keen eye for mathematical patterns. It also shows I'm a geek too for finding that to be the coolest part of your blog. LOL